Economics of nature management, conservation of ecosystems and biodiversity in industrial regions, integrated development of subsoil and deposits of man-made waste, development of new sources of mineral raw materials (man-made waste, Arctic zone, mineral resources of the world's oceans, space program).
PhD dissertation "Economic evaluation of environmental consequences of the closure of coal mines."
Doctor dissertation "Ecological and economic justification for the conservation of biodiversity and natural systems in industrial regions."
- Member of scientific council of Russian academy of science on the problems of mining sciences
- Active member of the Academy of Mining Sciences of Russia.
- Active member of the Eurasian Academy of Mining Sciences.
- Honorary member of the Academy of Mining Sciences of Kazakhstan.
- Member of the commission for ensuring environmental safety of the coal industry under the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation.
- Member of the commission for industrial safety of the coal industry under the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation.
- Chairman of the Program Committee International Symposium «Miners Week».
- Chairman of the Program Committee International conference «Ecology. Environment. Industry».
The author of more than 80 scientific and 30 educational and methodical works.